Tuesday 25 September 2018

Austudy claim rejected

Of course I will be working during my studies but I thought Austudy will be there for me. I dont want the whole payment. I sorted out I only needed the student start up scholarship and rent assistance. I also have a partner that cant work and claim Centrelink at the moment. First time around uni wasnt easy for me.


The debt was for the period of time I was paid Austudy and was studying part-time at university. We may ask you for more information as we work through your claim and assess your circumstances. If this happens, we’ll put your claim on hold as we wait for these documents. You need to provide them within days of our request or your claim may be rejected.


Get ready to claim. The easiest way to claim is online. Read more about when to claim. To claim online, you need a myGov account linked to Centrelink. If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to set them up.


When I know for a fact I did. Complete the following steps to claim Austudy. Before you start, check if you can get it. How to manage your payment. Your options and obligations for Austudy.


You should do this within weeks from the date we tell you about the decision. However, if we can change the decision, you may only get your entitlement from the date you request the review. You can still request a review after weeks.


I have had my claim for Austudy rejected. The only thing can see is that this relates to my first degree. I took an extra year and had my youth allowance extended by the max months. Many of the Centrelink workers drafted in to cope with the crisis are lightly trained casuals, known as (intermittent and irregular employees or IIEs) who auto- rejected claims, often without even checking them against the supporting documents or checking with the applicant.


As many as 30applications may have been auto- rejected. Wait weeks, inquire several times, before form finally arrives. In its defence to the class action, the commonwealth rejected Gordon Legal’s arguments of negligence and the claim that the government holds a common law duty of care to social security recipients. The fact that your claim has been addressed and an outcome recieved shows how fucked up the system is at the moment. I applied for Austudy in March before they even knew what job seeker was, before the government even announced it.


And I haven’t got an outcome of approval. Be happy you got an answer. The basic rule is that if a claim is made for a social security payment or a concession car the Secretary must either grant or reject the claim. Because Jamie is now, she claims Austudy. However, Jamie had completed a double degree in science and education when she first left high school and her Austudy claim is rejected on the basis that she has exceeded the allowable time for her current course (because it is reduced by her past studies).


It will not be paid to people on ABSTUDY (Living Allowance), Austudy , JobSeeker Payment, Partner Allowance, Special Benefit or Youth Allowance. If your claim is rejected , you have the right to appeal! Full time study for Austudy and Youth Allowance In most cases, you need to be studying full time to receive Austudy or Youth Allowance. To confirm whether your study load is full time, check with your educational institution first. Hi rep, my Austudy claim was rejected because I got one of the details wrong.


I went in and requested an appeal and updated the information correctly and the person I spoke to told me it would be an internal review. How long am I likely to wait for the review to be done so my claim is finalised? They apologized at least and sent in a new claim as urgent as I was not working. They told me it would take a week.


I called them every week for weeks and had the claim pushed to hardship because I was not working and I could barely afford to pay my rent and bills (thank god my parents felt generous enough to help me). What are common documents. You may not need all of them.


Your parents, your guardian or your partner may also need to provide some of these documents to support your claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.