Tuesday 7 July 2020

Wd my passport wireless pro review

My Passport Wireless Pro is an unusual shape for a portable drive. And with it come some improvements, as well as some stumbles. How to set up a password for a WD passport? How do I use my WD passport external hard drive?


The WD Passport Wireless Pro is a relatively small square, not quite small enough to fit in your pocket or in the palm of your han but fits nicely in a camera bag.

The top of the device has branding in the middle left as well as LED lights for showing WiFi connection and drive status. I bought the WD 4tb passport wireless pro before a week long gig. Now I just turn it on and insert the sd card , the light start flashing and it backs up.


It’s got a few other tricks up its sleeve, too. WD passport wireless Pro hard drive is a great option for all the photographers and the cinematographer out there. The output is a standard A-type USB 3. Male-A to Micro-B).


For example, many small devices include an AC charger with a removable USB cable.

USB-A output port and a battery-check button that also doubles up as the copy-card button. Its support for the dual-stream setup of 802. Wi-Fi gives it faster speeds than competitors, and.


With this drive and my iPad I could backup and edit my photos on the go. The built-in wireless means I can connect with my iPad anywhere. Surprisingly, the download speed is also the same. Which means transferring about 6GB of data takes a minute. It measures 1x 1x mm.


That is a little too big to be stuffed into a pocket, so this HDD will likely be most at home in a bag. The next menu would be the Wi-Fi. Has a ton of slots for SD cards (not micro S but the SD adapter) on both sides of the case. TB for SSD – and the price differential for those two drives is 4x for an 8x per GB difference. I work exclusively on a laptop computer and I have been using SSDs in my laptops since SSDs were first available.


Western digital my passport wireless pro has been rated as 8. On the other hand stuff. The drive creates its own WiFi network to which you can link your smart device.

I was not paid nor did I get any discount for this review. I use this to have a copy of all my photos on to free up space on my Laptop. This is an amazing portable backup drive. The price premium outweighs the benefits of the card reader and advanced features bundled in this stocky external.


Compared to Seagate’s wireless drive, the WD Wireless Pro is more expensive but more feature rich—Seagate’s model lacks an SD card and a 3TB option. We benchmarked the drive on our test system and found the to be quite significant. As a MacBook Air user who saved a bit of money by opting for the lowest storage option of the laptop, I am someone who is always open to a little bit extra storage space. The 2TB model, featured in this review , retails for $340AUD.


However, in practice, it doesn’t quite manage to live up to it’s potential. I’ve owned the 2TB version for a little over a month now, having used it both professionally in my work as a wedding photographer, and for personal use while traveling with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.