Wednesday 21 November 2018

Do i need to change my name on my naturalization certificate after marriage

Legally change your name by Deed Poll today. Guaranteed service. Full customer support.


You must pay a fee to order a replacement registration or naturalisation certificate , or to correct mistakes on a certificate. How you order a certificate depends on when you became a citizen.

If you legally changed your name before the naturalization ceremony, you can ask that your naturalization certificate be issued in your new name. If your last name has changed , whether due to a marriage or a court order such as a divorce, you should change your citizenship papers to match your legal last name. Additionally, you are requested to include the original Naturalization or Citizenship Certificate when filing the form. As USCIS specifies, your name can be changed only if you provide enough evidence.


You have to provide a court order, divorce decree, or marriage certificate to confirm that your request for a name change is legal. How do I change my husband s name after marriage? You could have changed it during the naturalization process.


You will not be able to change your certificate of citizenship, but will always have to include the name change order with the certificate when the certificate is required for something.

Can I Change my Name on my passport? If you are applying for a new certificate because your name was misspelle you must provide documentation of the correct spelling. Taking Your Husband’s Name After Marriage. You don’t need to change your name by deed poll to do this, but you do need to send a copy of your marriage certificate to all relevant authorities, such as the DVLA, and your bank.


Check if the organisation you are contacting requires the original marriage certificate or will accept a copy. Do I need to change my Marriage license and certificate ? And are they still valid even if they are signed with a last name I never actually took? If your name change was because of marriage , use your certificate of marriage to enforce your name change. There are also several pieces of personal information that must be present on a naturalization certificate : Name. If you requested a name change on your N-40 your new name should be on your naturalization certificate.


Country of former nationality. If you’ve recently changed your name, you can submit your legal name change document (marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.) with your Form N-40 Application for Naturalization. USCIS will use your new name on your Certificate of Naturalization. You can legally change your name after filing your application for naturalization with USCIS. If your name has changed after you filed a naturalization application, you must promptly provide USCIS with the document(s) that legally changed your name (s), such as a marriage certificate , divorce decree, court order, or other official record.


Also, if your marital status has changed since your citizenship interview, you must submit a copy of your most recent marriage certificate, divorce decree, or spouse’s death certificate. If USCIS Made the Mistake If you’re sure the mistake on your certificate of naturalization is USCIS’s fault, explain why, in Part of the N-5form.

Change birth place on my naturalization certificate. Have you filed any paperwork with the U. No but I just have my name change. My name on my Naturalization Certificate was from my first married name. When we Idivorced I requested a name change back to my maiden name (birth name ). I got married for the second time and changed all my information again using my new married name.


Our personalized name change kits provide everything you need to change your name after marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.