Tuesday 8 January 2019

I just got a new kitten and my older cat hates it

If you already have one or more cats and you bring a new cat home, the reaction of your old (or resident cat or cats ), may simply be to avoid the new cat. Or, the situation may quickly escalate to one in which your cat is hissing and growling at the newcomer with his hair standing on en or even flat out attacking the new cat. I just got a new kitten, and my older cat hates it. Answered by a verified Cat Vet We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website.


A new kitten is typically eager to make friends, but the older cats in the household may want nothing to do with the younger one. How do I get my Old Cat get along with my new cat?

Why are my cats being mean to the new kitten? How to stop a cat from rejecting a new kitten? Can an elderly cat adjust to a new cat in the household?


Our normally very well behaved and loved yr old cat HATES our new week old kitten. When she is out side she almost always brings us home a gift of another animal she has kille from mice to small rabbits. She is most definitely a hunter. I think my cat hates me because I brought a new.


Just got a new kitten and my cat hates her. I know this is common at first.

I adopted a tiny seven week old female kitty today and have a six year old female cat also. As long as the younger cat sees a threat, they will keep fighting and your poor older cat will probably keep getting the worst of it. If your older cat is stress-pooping, the poor little guy is probably miserable. Pet your new kitten an at the same time, allow your older cat to sniff you while you give it its favorite treats.


This may help to teach your cat that the scent of the new kitten is not a bad thing. Over time, your older cat may start to associate the smell of the kitten with treats, making it a positive scent. Keep your resident cat happy. When you get a new kitten its it’s easy to forget to give your resident cat the love and attention that he’s become accustomed to before you got your new kitten.


It’s really important not to do this! Giving tons of attention only to the new kitten may cause your resident cat to get jealous, potentially. That’s why they usually say: I got a new kitten and my cat hates me because they do not understand that cat is an independent animal so that they will feel uncomfortable if they have to share their space with other cats. So that, do not be hurry to introduce your old cat with the new one. And shes thrown up a few times since we got the kitten days ago, why is this?


The older cat has been with other cats before, and has been fine, but she hates the kitten. Shes also growling and hissing at the kitten and sometimes swatting him. The kitten is staying in the room where she usually stays and. First let me congratulate you on your new kitten ! Your cat is not afraid of the kitten.


He is upset about a newcomer in the house.

Two days is hardly enough time for your older cat to be able to. My cat then seemed scared and ran away, down into the basement. She normally does not like to go down there, but since then, whenever i bring her up, she goes back.


Hi there i have a four year old neutered male cat , and we have just brought home a new kitten she is only seven weeks ol i know that this is a bit early but she was hand reared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.